R.I.P Vince

View previous topic View next topic Go down

R.I.P Vince

Post by Rizzo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:22 am

I am sorry to have to do this and i'm gutted at the same time :'( I went in to check on the boys this morning only to discover Vince was missing from his cage. I started to panick, a few minutes later i heard scratching and wheezing. Vince was rolling around on the floor between a press and the wall, when I picked him up he sounded to be choking. I checked his airway and pressed his chest a few times and nothing so I started rubbing his back vigorously to see if he would bring anything up... unfortunately nothing came up and he was just wheezing and coughing, he clung to me so I held him and went for the phone to try and call the vet and he just let a sigh and went limp. I listened to his chest and not a sound.... He was dead. I am totally shocked as last night I fed him his favourite Porridge, Banana, sunflower seeds and apple all mashed up and he and his cagemate Bandit scoffed it. My Boyfriend said when he went in to check on them a couple of hours earlier than me he said they were fine. Confused  He was way too young and he was the favourite as he was so friendly and cuddly.... I'm so angry at myself because I feel like I could have done more to save him and get him to a vet...... Run free Little Vince  Love 
Rizzo

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Vince

Post by smokierat on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:05 am

im so sorry  Cry ive been through losing a rat quickly and its just heart shattering  Cry but i try to remind myself that in a way,if they must go,id prefer them not to suffer through some long horrible illness.I take comfort in the fact that they were happy and carefree untill right before they passed x Run Free lovely boy x

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:48 am

I'm so sorry :*( he was a lovely boy - thank you for giving him such a good home for his short life :*( I'm just sorry he was so young when he left you.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:40 am

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sad Run free Vince x
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie