Hi, from Belfast!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi, from Belfast!

Post by LSD on Thu May 22, 2014 10:07 am

I'm from Belfast, studying at uni, artist... I'm one of those bird freaks Smile My life revolves around a parrot, and his pet budgie lol.

I've 2 girls, a black hooded and and a black irish. The black irish is something else, in personality and that coat. Grin

And making the girls seem massive I have what is either a rex/double rex cinnamon or blue agouti baby buck. He was originally going to go with my big hooded buck here but... he must be quadruple his size so I've to get him a suitable friend!

Love siamese animals, so would love to eventually start working on my own.

Will now go stalk the boards for while!

LSD

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi, from Belfast!

Post by Zoundz on Fri May 23, 2014 11:25 pm

Hello and welcome! Smile I replied to your other post before I saw this one Smile

If you are hoping to breed Siamese, then I recommend e-mailing breeders@nfrs.org (I think that's right) for the Breeder List - or you can look at the list of registered ratteries on the www.nfrs.org website. Certainly you'd want the rats you use for breeding to come from good, established lines, and you won't find those in this country, not for Siamese.

I would also *seriously* encourage anyone who is breeding to join the NFRS - in fact, I don't think you could breed properly in this country without being a member! Smile The forum is the best in the world (in my humble opinion), and with the most combined knowledge.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, good luck finding company for your boys, though I would get on with putting them together as soon as the little lad is big enough - how old is he? Smile From about 8-10 weeks he should be OK.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LSD on Sat May 24, 2014 12:26 am

Same here - replied there before seeing this. :')

Like I said there, because of the lack of choice here, I wouldn't mind working on whatever is here as long as they are healthy. It would be hard work but imagine watching the progress. :)As for that club - sounds like an excellent idea! I'd certainly want to be taken seriously within the community, though I'd be quite small scale.
Thanks for the links, will check out later when I'm home - you've been very helpful. Smile

I'm not sure how old he is, maybe 5.5 weeks? He is rather small. He's already been alone for a few days so I'm remedying that asap - I'll have a wee mate for him in a few days. I'm thinking of returning the hooded male, he seems happy enough, but he'll probably be happier where he was. I'd miss him (the only one I can cuddle lol) but it'd ease my mind.

Thanks again, it's lovely to meet someone who is so helpful x

LSD

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sat May 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Why would you return him?! Sad

Where did you get them from? A petshop I'm assuming?

Honestly, I think you'd save yourself a lot of upset if you avoided breeding from petshop rats. Added to which, at the moment, you'll possibly find it hard to find them good homes, as we don't allow the advertising of purpose bred litters from rats of unknown backgrounds - we do ask that any breeder source their rats from other good breeders.

I've replied to the other thread too! Grin

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top