Hi everyone - i am here to learn

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi everyone - i am here to learn

Post by MadeofRats on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:54 pm

i am here as a sponge, for years i have read all there is to read about rats and now the time is getting closer until i actually take the next step and start keeping them. as i say i will soak up any information available to me. don't want to get a cheap set up and have to upgrade straight away. any advice out there?

MadeofRats

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi everyone - i am here to learn

Post by Zoundz on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:07 am

Hi there! Smile Lovely to have you here! Smile I'm always available for info at my e-mail or on Facebook (zoundzy@hotmail.com). There's a wealth of info out there! Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DJF on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:41 am

Hi and Welcome! I think you will find this place useful. When I started reading about rats I found this site very helpful - ratz.co.uk

Gone Fishing: Maud, Constance, Peig, Hillary

"As the Amazing Maurice said, it was just a story about people and rats. And the difficult part of it was deciding who the people were, and who were the rats."
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by MadeofRats on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:54 am

thanks for the replies so far. really interested in russian blue, Love  they look so amazing, possibly thinking about starting out with a couple. would this be wise? Zoundz? DJF?

Smile Wink Big Grin 

these rat smilies are great too!!

MadeofRats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:14 am

Well I love them Smile they are very pretty - you're more than welcome to visit and come and see some varieties in the flesh if you like? Smile We always operate an open house (within certain timescales due to work).

Are you talking about just as pets or are you thinking of breeding? I always recommend people try owning them as pets for at least 2 years before breeding really - as your opinion on them can change in that time - not least due to the short lifespans. If just as pets, then it doesn't matter what variety you get in terms of temperament - just go for what you like the look of Smile But do keep in mind that most varieties are very hard to get here.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MadeofRats on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Wow a visit would be excellent at some point, very kind thank you!! First i would be keeping as pets but would like to move in to breeding eventually, but i'm thinking years down the line. want to know as much as i possibly can and that onyl comes with experience. and that starts now. really really excited about getting started, god its like xmas  Laugh   Embarrassed x

MadeofRats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Yes, it's definitely not something to rush into - a lot of people start out with the idea of breeding eventually, but very few actually want to when they've owned rats for a while, it's really tough, heartbreaking stuff at times.

Please, feel free to visit - I have babies at the moment, they're a week old yesterday, and you're very welcome to come and see them (I'd wait until they're about 2.5-3 weeks or older as they are more interesting by that stage! Smile)

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Hello and welcome!
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie