Cork SPCA has three does available

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cork SPCA has three does available

Post by Tribble on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:56 am

Not much info, took multiple calls and a lot of patience to get someone for the two minutes of actual conversation.
All female, seem friendly and adjusted, an estimated age of 1.5 years, €40 fee to adopt all three.
We have no experience with does, and have had a run of bad luck in the past while trying to get adoptees so are on the fence.
If we can get a decent education on does and what we could likely expect, we will likely take them, but thought it best to post here for now in case cage mates or something were needed.
They did a pretty abysmal job advertising them, and the other small mammals they posted them with on facebook.
Thought I would put up a more complete posting here just in case someone had a lone rat, or wanted to adopt does only.

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Re: Cork SPCA has three does available

Post by smokierat on Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:06 am

Girl ratties are brill Smile Nothing too major i can think of tbh,nothing that a read through the health or behaviour section here wouldnt help with id say and theres plenty people here thatl help out with advice im sure Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:01 am

I'd say you'll be fine with them, provided their temperaments are as advertised. Ask if you can meet them first.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DJF on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:20 am

Girl rats are bonkers - the doddery old ones still manage to find mischief, the young ones will swing out of your blinds, root up your plants and even climb up the sweeping brush handle to get into the bin (yes Monica, I mean you!). They pack a lot of entertainment for such little things. I guess it depends on the temperament but mine are affectionate although they prefer their scritches measured in micro seconds and I can't remember them ever sleeping when out and and about. They are always on a mission, collecting stuff and climbing stuff! I don't think you have fully experienced rats until you have spent a couple of hours trying to catch a doe in season. They basically flirt with you and then bunny hop off behind the bookcase.

Gone Fishing: Maud, Constance, Peig, Hillary

"As the Amazing Maurice said, it was just a story about people and rats. And the difficult part of it was deciding who the people were, and who were the rats."
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum