Claw bleeding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claw bleeding

Post by OceaneKS on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:51 am

Hi all !

I am a bit worry because I just found Kunda bleeding from one of a back foot claw...
she was playing "tunnel" in my blanket and I did not know what happened: I was paying attention to Sanka (because playing in the bad is usually safe...) and when I turned around Kunda was spreading her blood on the blanket...

I immediately took her gently, washed the foot with physiological serum (without touching it), sprayed antiseptic and put her in the transport box with a towel, food and water. I think the blood started coagulating now but I cannot locate the wound...

Any advice on what I should do next (and if I did right...) ? Should I let her in the transport box for the night ?

I am a bit worry about her, also because tomorrow is bank holiday and I cannot take her to the vet (I bet they are all closed) and then I am supposed to work... I hope I did well and that she is going to be okay...

Thanks a million already !
OceaneKS

Back to top Go down

Re: Claw bleeding

Post by eoghan on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:50 am

Sorry just saw this now. If its from the claw, she may have pulled the claw out or cracked it. the claw has a tiny vein in it so it should heal in a half hour or so. if she pulled the claw out then she may need the vet depending on whether its still bleeding or not after a few hours.

"Never interrupt the enemy when they are making a mistake"

"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip"

Proudly Commanded by
Squeak, Rafiki, Piscin, Raticate, Dizzy Beag, Smoulderin' Cinnabun, Smoked Sassafras, Bree, Shrimp-a-Sioráf, Bella, ButterFlobbles, Poptee, Ping
Evil Oscar Wilde(M), Cú Chulainn(M), Sir Didymus(M)
Previously Commanded By
George, Ghostie, Ralf, Tuffy, Pixie, Willow, Flea, Nibblet, Rose, Tulip, Gypsy, Bluebell, Crimp, Annie,Jiggly Puff of Blue Smoke, Dizzy, Noodles(M) And Smokie(The Supreme Commander)

https://plus.google.com/+EoghanDuggan/
eoghan
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:21 pm

How is she now?

Back to top Go down

Post by OceaneKS on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:59 am

Hey !
She is absolutely fine now: she still have a part claw.
The wound stopped bledding very fast, half an hour or so after it started. I kept a careful look to it and there is no sign of infection. By this I mean that the toe is normally pink and not swollen... she also walk normally so I try not to worry too much Smile
OceaneKS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobbie on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Great to hear that she is doing well Smile

Dobbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top