Non visible blood in Urine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Non visible blood in Urine

Post by katherine on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:05 am

I tested Monty's urine today with some reagent strips. It tested positive for some blood and some protein. Is this kidney failure linked with his HLD or an infection? There's no red in his urine so it's low level but if antibiotics could help I hate to think of him in pain.

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Re: Non visible blood in Urine

Post by Zoundz on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 am

I would imagine it's kidney related and to do with his HLD as well. Do you have him on a kidney friendly diet now? Smile If so, that's probably helping already. Not sure what else to suggest really. I don't think antibiotics would be useful in this case personally.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:07 am

I do. He gets 0 protein except noodles (and vegetable protein ofc) Although they (I suspect your lads as they chewed through 2 bags on top of the cage Wink ) seem to have stolen some treats, which is why I tested him, I didn't intend for him to have doggie treats again, except for the Burns seaweed treats. So hopefully it's a spike to do with him scoffing some of them. I hate to thick that he might be in pain though Sad Is it best just to leave him to it? He seems otherwise fine, is keeping pretty mobile and is washing alright.

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:44 pm

IF he seems otherwise OK I wouldn't worry - I doubt he's in any pain. Is he at all hunched or finding it difficult to get around etc? I mean other than his HLD? Do his eyes appear to be slightly bulging?

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: