Introductions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introductions

Post by redrach on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:32 am

So i'm introducing my new girl to my girls (minus Monk for now).
They've met in the bath and now are in a little cage (have been for 15-20 mins or so). There is no fluffing up or anything drastic. But the little girl is doing A LOT of humping. She goes round the other 3 giving them a good go. Schuster (around a year) isn't bothered and pretty much doesn't react, lets the little one pin her but kicks a bit. Splinter (same age) tends to pin her down, and they take it in turns power grooming each other. Dumbo (9 months) pins her as soon as she comes near and squeels a lot, she is very vocal usually i suppose.

I've never had a rat that humps before.. And I have heard it's normal. But when will it stop?
I'm hoping they settle a bit soon 'cause i'm not sure if I should leave them alone over night as it is.

I also need some advice regarding Monk. If you've read my other posts she's about 31/2 months and we thought she had a PT. She has a medium lump on her side, is very wobbly on her feet and a bit dazed at time. Don't get me wrong, she's super happy and quite energetic, i'm just concerned the wee girl will torture her because she can't really fight back. Any ideas?
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Re: Introductions

Post by redrach on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 am

well it's been nearly an hour. they've settled a little but still quite a bit of the same.
have added in monk now for a bit. the little one tried to hump her once or twice and has groomed her a bit but monk's not responded and i think the baby maybe understand's poor monk's not up for it & isn't a threat.
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:13 pm

It's perfectly normal and should stop soon Smile it's better than fighting! Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: