vetbed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

vetbed

Post by redrach on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 am

anyone know if there is anyone in ireland or n. ireland to get it?
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Re: vetbed

Post by Zoundz on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:05 am

Hmm... I know Katherine used to get it. Pets At Home used to sell it...

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:08 am

I've never seen it in pets at home before & they prob charge through the roof anyway.
I've seen some on ebay, was just hoping there'd be somewhere cheaper.
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:37 am

I used to get it working in maxi zoo - it cost an arm and a leg though, I bought a couple of bits on staff discount but most of it was stuff that had been damaged a bit or else wasn't enough left on the roll to sell - that and a few samples that got sent in. So no help here, sorry. Sad

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:42 am

No worries, I got some off ebay.
I got two pieces that will each hopefully fit my srs, so I can rotate, plus delivery for £20. It's quite expensive, but then most rat things delivered to NI are..
I could have gotten smaller ones for the retirement cage, but I want to avoid moving him into that and he's struggling to get through the bedding now some days.
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:44 am

ps. I read somewhere you should wash it before first use, to ensure it absorbs water well or something..
Did you ever do that?
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:49 am

I've never done that and never had an issue, but if that's what it says it can't hurt.

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:50 am

Oh forgot to add that it doesn't absorb water it drains it, so you need to put something like newspaper or paper towel underneath or it will sit in a layer under the bedding til it saturates - smelly Tongue

katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:01 am

Yeah, that's what I thought.
That's why I couldn't understand the need to wash it first.. It was just something I came across on another forum, but it was only one person and i've not heard of need to wash it elsewhere.
How long did you find yours lasted before needing a wash and overall, before you needed to replace it?
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 am

I haven't replaced any of it yet, it depends what you're using it for, when I used it to cover shelves it got pretty rank and needed washing once a week, but now I use it for carriers and only wash it when it looks/ smells dirty, usually I take it by if there's poo stuck to it Laugh It's not that I leave it for ages, poo sticks to it really easily Tongue

katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 am

I'm going to be putting it in the bottom of the cage instead of bedding 'cause albie's struggling to walk through substrate now. So i'm going to spot clean for poo every day & probably change the newspaper every day or every other day (i'll see how they go). They're normally good at using their litter tray (bar albie who can't seem to get over to it in time..) so hopefully it won't get too disgusting too fast... I'm assuming i'll prob wash it at least once a week..
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am

Ah right, yeah that sounds about right to me Smile Poor guy I hope he continues to do well Smile

katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks. He's doing okay! Some days he can run still, but some days he can't walk at all. It's really sad, but he's always looks like a pretty happy boy. He's my hero <3
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum