Dublin show ideas?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dublin show ideas?

Post by katherine on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:10 am

Could you maybe get a vat for tea somewhere? 20/ 50c a cup I think would bring in some cash - certainly from me Laugh

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:36 pm

That's certainly one of our hopes! Grin Or at least a kettle! ;D

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:26 am

Would definatly get a few euros outta me for that too Smile fingers crossed it'd be so great if it worked out wouldn't it Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:45 am

Did you ever get a call back about the hall Siofradh? Just want to know the score before I go ringing them next week XD

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by siofradh on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:26 am

No I didn't get a call back, funny they said the would.. Meh Are you going to book it next week if it's a fair price? Smile
siofradh
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:32 am

Well I'll try if they're happy for us to have it there! Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:09 pm

ooo exciting! I'll be there if/when it happens. I'd love for you to be able to see Luna and Ruby again, Laura Big Grin

What sort of a format do these things take? I don't know much about them. I was supposed to go to one in Scotland with the breeder of my Siamese girls but wasn't able to make it over in the end.

Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Well - it's likely to be a bit different here, and a bit suck it and see Smile because we probably won't have many rats entered in shows for a good few years yet. Will phone this venue this afternoon if I have time, and ask if it's OK Smile

Will post a decent 'article' about how we're likely to work a show later on Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:39 am

Well - I've just spoken to someone at Ballybough, and they are not able to take Saturday bookings for the whole year unfortunately. I think the price is not too bad - it's €25 per hour - this is not good either, but it's better than we thought Wink

They don't open on Sundays Sad which is a huge shame, as that would be ideal. I'm waiting for a callback from the manager, as I might be able to persuade her, if I beg, to open a Sunday for us - though I'm not getting my hopes up - the chap I spoke to seemed to think it very unlikely. It's council owned, so that might be why.

We might be back to the drawing board yet Sad Can Dublin based (or near enough!) people start asking local community centres and village halls etc? *please!*
xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by siofradh on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:11 am

Oh no - what a shame Sad I will have another look online when I'm on the pc later, I really had my finger's crossed for this Sad Hopefully we'll find something better Wink
siofradh
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:40 am

I'm afraid I don't know Dublin at all, wouldn't have a clue where to begin looking Sad

Laura, I'm sure you'll feel like a winner in any Irish show though as most of the rats will have come from you Laugh

Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:55 am

No worries Siofradh! We'll find something Smile

LOL Mel! I don't know about that, plenty of people have rescues etc, and they've just as much chance of doing well in a pet type show Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:29 am

Your guys are full of personality Smile Dizzy would kick ass Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Had my call back from Ballybough, sadly there's no way we can hold a show there, they are booked up for Saturdays for the rest of forever and they will not open on Sundays Sad

Anyone got any other ideas? If we want a show this year at all, we need to find a venue very very soon!

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:47 pm

This seems like it might be pricey but it's worth a shot: http://www.theccd.ie/whychoosetheccd

Jen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Found this as well, not sure if it helps: http://m.squaremeal.co.uk/search/venues?uk=50&stand_up=2

Jen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:28 am

I don't know how much that first is, searching for a cost brought up nothing. I would say, looking at it - they probably won't allow animals and it will probably cost more than we could afford in ten lifetimes.

The others looked slightly more promising, but I think they are specifically wedding type venues - certainly food serving/hotels, so animals again are a no no.

Thanks for looking though! Grin

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:32 am

I just got an idea for something I could bake for the show, if we ever find a venue. Tongue I made these for halloween. Smile

Ratty biscuits!!

Jen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:37 pm

OH WOW! Grin Yes please! Grin Would be wonderful!

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:50 pm

OH my God! I'll take 5!!! Shocked Love Love

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by ashlingm on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 am

Theres a few places in Swords, Co. Dublin that might be suitable? My sister held an art camp in one of the scout dens for a week and I remember it being reasonable enough. I'll root out numbers tomorrow - I could ring up if you wanted but not 100% sure what I'm meant to be asking so might let someone else 'more in the know' do it! Smile

ashlingm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:34 am

I'm very happy to do it if you can root out numbers, and even better websites with photos! Big Grin so we can see the sort of thing we'd be after! A Scout hut might just be a perfect idea, I'd not have thought of that!

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lew on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 am

Zoundz wrote:OH WOW! Grin Yes please! Grin Would be wonderful!

xx

And just so you folks know, food consumed at rat shows contains zero calories. Big Grin

Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Places in Swords

Post by ashlingm on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:49 am

Sorry about the delay in getting these numbers! I'd mention that it's a small animal show as opposed to a rat show - people get weird when they hear rat! Theres a group on facebook for rabbits and guinea pigs that seems to have a good following, I wonder would it be a good idea to see would they be interested in holding a show too - it would cut down on cost and might be nice to see other small animal enthusiasts Smile

These numbers are hopefully correct! One or two might be for the actual scouts but I'm sure they could give you the correct details if I did get it wrong - but they are right as far as I know!

Fingallians GAA Club - rent out their hall for meetings and 21st parties.

Swords Youth and Resource Centre - 01 8400 802

Base Resource Centre - 01 8902 593

Senior Citizens Club - 01 8407 589

St. Colmcille Scout Unit - 01 8401 458

I have a contact in a boxing club that might just let us host it too? They were not given alot of funds this year so I'm sure would be delighted with the extra cash! Let me know how you get on with those numbers and if they are not good I'll ask around and see what I can come up with! Word of mouth is always handy Smile

ashlingm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:58 am

Brilliant! Thank you for those, will phone as soon as I have a spare moment! Grin

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top