Limping

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Limping

Post by smokierat on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:27 am

Noodles has been limping since yesterday morning Sad his left back leg,im hoping its just an injury and not something more sinister..it seems to hurt when we manipulate it and he wasnt putting any weight on it.It seems to be a bit better today,somehow he got up into the hammock and out of it during the day all by himself but other than that hes barely moved Sad gave him the orange kids nurofen but he wont take any more of it,even mixed with stuff.If he doesnt improve in the next few days should i bring him to the vet for painkillers or can anyonr recommend a nicer tasting one??ive heard that ratties wont touch any thing with sorbital...

Back to top Go down

Re: Limping

Post by Zoundz on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:01 am

Well - I've found Nurofen (orange one) is the only thing even remotely palatable - so I recommend putting it in something else to get him to take it perhaps?

Sounds like he may have had a fall or a bash - larger rats tend to do this more often I've found. I'm sure he'll be fine soon enough! Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:19 am

he isnt coming out at all this evening but i spose its good hes resting,Ill try again tomorow and get him something else to mix it with,although im hoping he wont need it..i hope thats all it is

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:56 am

Hope he's ok. Algy used to take calpol infant solution very happily. The vet said the dose was .001ml per 100g I *THINK*

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by interceptor on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 am

I mix medicine into Petit Filous type yogurt and find they can't resist it. In the event that they won't take it voluntarily you can buy small syringes in your local chemist and gently place the nozzle in their mouth, behind their incisors and squirt it in. Nom nom nom...

interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum