Ratrations soft food mash no10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ratrations soft food mash no10

Post by redrach on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:26 am

So I ordered the ratrations soft food for Albie, assuming that he may soon lose proper use of his front paws. So far he uses one for eating, and can sometimes use both to clean his face, bust mostly just one hand.
I figured cous cous and baby food is good for keeping weight on him, but there isn't an awful lot when it comes to nutritional needs.
It arrived today and I made some up tonight for him.

'What the hell's this mummy?' was all his face said.
I thought it smelt lovely! Like veg soup!
Anyway, I found the perfect thing to get him eating- I brought Chandler in to share. Of course Albie wanted to eat it when Chandler did, so they sat shoving each other out of the way gobbling it down. (:

Pretty sad at the minute he's getting so old Cry
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Re: Ratrations soft food mash no10

Post by GillianK on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:31 am

Aw how cute, glad he's taking his food. Little Albie is so sweet. He's a himalayan dumbo buck right? My Blanche is a himalayan dumbo doe. They are so sweet looking. :-)

Well done to you for making sure his life is as comfortable as it can be. Yeah it's very sad when you know the time to say goodbye won't be long coming round, but try not to think about that.

Just enjoy him, and take loads of pics to share! :-)
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:42 am

Yeah, he's a himalayan dumbo. Though he's very bad markings, his nose & back end just look a bit grubby looking most of the time.
& he's pink-eyed, is your Blanche?

I am a sucker for the dumbos <3
We had 2 accidental litters (at the same time) about a year ago, so, while I am not at all pleased to admit that, I am glad for Albie's daughter Dumbo who I kept. She's a british blue dumbo, and despite being a different colour her face just looks identical to him & she is pretty much the exact same as him. So, while it'll be hard looking at her at first when he goes, at least i'll have her to hold on to.

But yeah, i'm loving the time we have.
It's just hard y'know when you have to watch him struggling, or when he's all cuddles and you know fine rightly 6 months ago he hated cuddles.
Cry
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 am

Yeah, Blanche has red eyes. I used to think she was albino actually. Her eyesight isn't very good.

Yeah I do understand what you mean. Its sad to see their spirit and fight go. Blanche has an ongoing resp infection atm and despite antibiotics she's still sneezy and isn't herself, very sleepy all the time. Only just lost her sister so hoping for the best for her.

That's the tough thing about rat keeping. They just dont stay with us very long.
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:52 am

Aww - glad to hear he's eating OK - he sounds like he's doing alright, despite being old... (((hug)))

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:52 am

Hes a lucky gentleman rat Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:03 pm

aw poor guy, I have every sympathy, it does feel awful watching them age in front of your eyes, but he is getting the best palliative care possible which will be making a massive difference. The main thing is he's still enjoying life and that's something to be proud of Smile

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum