FAO Cork people - Mice and petshops

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FAO Cork people - Mice and petshops

Post by katherine on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:27 am

Almost a week late with this but we were in Sully's petshop during the week and saw they have a tank full - and I mean FULL of mice of all ages and sexes, tiny babies barely any bigger than a 50 c coin that looked pregnant and being mounted by male mice 3 times their size Shocked They are clearly being left to breed freely and extremely irresponsibly. Their tails were seriously kinked in most of them too, which Laura tells me is a sign of being overly, and detrimentally, inbred. These were just the mice, I could go on about the other animals but to me this was the most shocking thing. Cry

I hope that this will dissuade anybody here to buy anything at all from this shop in future. There is nothing this man sells that is not available elsewhere, and there were several rats that I hope nobody on here will be tempted to buy. It is just not worth the suffering that supporting this place enables. The only reason he is still in business and getting away with this disgusting cruelty is because it pays him - and clearly very well. Cry

I certainly don't mean to attack people for having gone there in the past, I just hope to inform everybody about why they shouldn't go there in future.

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Re: FAO Cork people - Mice and petshops

Post by smokierat on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:30 am

So sad Cry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:30 am

Completely agree. What we saw in there that day was just horrendous, and once again I think the disgusting place should be shut down. I have no time for people who shop there because they are too ignorant, or worse, too lazy to go elsewhere. As I said to Katherine the other day, if there were things I HAD to have in order to own my pets, and the only place I could get them was there, I would stop owning my pets.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

It's a bad place, yeah

Post by Tribble on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:32 am

The reason it hasn't been shut down is that the owner is friends with the chief of the Cork SPCA.
They're hunting buddies apparently; and the chief blocks any attempt to investigate the store.
This means that the investigators, no matter how much they want to, can't do a thing.

This, but mainly the fact that the Cork SPCA pretty much abuses animals itself, is why they have been disassociated from the Irish SPCA for a number of years.
This is an ongoing, concerted effort to have the current management of the Cork SPCA dissolved.

Not much point in trying to take down Sully's (which has been attempted, many a time) when it's smarter, and more efficient to go from the head down.

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:11 am

Ugh... might have guessed that shower of muppets had something to do with it all! Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil

Hateful scummy, dirty, horrible place!

Once again, just to reiterate - there is *never* a need to buy from a petshop of this nature.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:02 am

Ugh that's horrible!

I popped into PetMania the other day to get ferret food and saw all the rats were missing their tails. When I asked a man working there he just shrugged and said "People don't like the tails" Shocked
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:47 pm

:*( there's a lot of the 'docking' stuff that seems to be going on - I would find it highly improbable that these are genetic tailless. I hate people.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:07 am

Thats just sick. If people don't like the tails, then they should get a hamster! Docking their tails is just sick. I am disgusted, poor wee criters.
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:21 am

They dock rats tails now!???? Cry !!!! Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 am

Defo docked.. their tails were still kinda red at the stump. It really sickened me Cry
Catz
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tribble on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:28 am

Evil Evil Evil
I have never heard of tail docking in rats... I am royally pissed right now.

Tribble

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:44 am

Shocked Cry Tribble and Catz, I'm not sure which of those stories shocks me more... Catz's I suppose because disgusting though it is to know the CSPCA are chummy with Sully's it really doesn't surprise me, I know what a bunch of scumbags the CSPCA are already Sad

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdou on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am

OMG Sad sick sick sick on both counts

Abdou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top