Gungy penis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gungy penis

Post by katherine on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:23 am

I had Forz and Switch out on the bed this afternoon which I don't usually do, and I noticed Switch was leaving a bloody stain behind him in little patches (because I normally have them out on something that isn't white I don't know how long he's been like that). I gave his tummy a squeeze because I couldn't see anything on his underside. There's essentially pus coming out of his penis. They're both already on septrin so I don't know if putting him on antibiotics will help at all. Maybe asking the vet for a different type will help? I squeezed it out and gave him a little wash with a wet wipe. Any advice on what else to do for him? Confused

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Re: Gungy penis

Post by Zoundz on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Suonds like an especially nasty penis plug. I would just keep checking once or twice a day, and keeping it clean. They can leave some blood spotting, so I wouldn't worry too much Smile

Give him a scritch from me Smile I miss them both <3 and kind of wishing they were here now to put with Gumbo, as Victor came down with pneumonia today, and tonight he's gone into a coma - he's comfortable, but he'll be gone by morning - yes, that quick :*( and I am gutted. Poor Gumbo is alone though, so we'll have to think who to put him with.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:22 pm

Shocked Oh Laura, I'm so so sorry Cry Poor Victor. Such a special guy, what a horrible thing to happen. *HUG*

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 am

He has gone now Sad just need to muster the energy to write an obit for him Sad

How's Switch today?
xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:55 am

Cry Cry Cry They never live long enough do they? I'm genuinely very sad, shocked and sorry to hear you've lost lovely Victor *BIGGEST HUG*

Switch's gunge is now black :S I've washed it in diluted TCP so I'm hoping that helps. He doesn't seem bothered by it except when I squeeze it out, then the poor boy seems really uncomfy. Would popping him in a little bath help??

Today seems to be my day for penis plugs. A rat at work gunged one all over my front today Evil Grin The odd thing is that rat's really stank. Switchy doesn't smell at all.

katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:56 am

Not smelling is odd... they should :/ and blackness worries me a bit... will post on NFRS for you.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:00 am

Thank you Smile

katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:00 am

OK, the black was apparently a bit of his normal bits, with the pus laid over, so that was me being stupid. Embarrassed He's all ok now though Smile

katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:16 am

That makes sense, don't know why that didn't occur to me! I asked about this on NFRS forum, but got no real solid answers - other than keep it clean really. Glad he's better.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:54 am

Glad his bits are better Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content