aggressive rat please help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

aggressive rat please help

Post by mrjiggles on Tue May 01, 2012 2:03 pm

hi i have 3 boys they are all a year and half roughly. up until about a month ago they rarely fought and when they did it was just alot of noise and nothing serious. up until then basil was the top rat but now my other one mr jiggles has gotten very aggressive and they fight nearly every night. i take mr jiggles out until they stop but he normally kicks it up again . last week mr jiggles and basil both lost a nail i think they caught it in the ladder when they were jumping around. tonight when i took them out i noticed basil and stripe had cuts on their back basil with a pretty big one. im sure it was mr jiggles as stripe and basil never fight. i dont have the room to buy jiggles another cage that is big enough for him i dont know what to do with him at all Sad

mrjiggles

Back to top Go down

Re: aggressive rat please help

Post by Zoundz on Wed May 02, 2012 12:35 am

If this is an unceasing problem and they really are causing harm, might be best to get Mr Jiggles neutered? Where are you in Ireland? Maybe someone can come and have a look and give their opinion? Smile If you're Cork area I'm happy to help.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ashlingm on Mon May 07, 2012 4:13 am

Another option might be to rehome mr. jiggles on his own if you don't have the money to get him a new cage (although check out gumtree.ie and donedeal first...they always have bargains!).

I would feel if he is fighting that much and causing injuries then it's best to separate them before it gets worse and you might have a hefty vet's bill to pay. I know you more then likely don't to give him up but he sounds like he really needs to be on his own (even if you get him neutered it takes a few weeks for the testosterone levels to drop).

I really hope you get him sorted, and please keep us updated. Hopefully he cops on a bit in the meantime!

ashlingm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum