Music?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Music?

Post by redrach on Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 am

Does anyone play music to their rats? Or have music on regularly in the room they're in?
My rats are in my spare room, which is pretty much just used as a rat room, so I usually don't play any music in there as we freerange in the hall. The past week or two but I've been freeranging in there, just to give them a new space to investigate. A few days ago I was playing them Duke Special and they all seemed pretty content with it. Tonight I had some Bon Iver on, boy, they were not happy. I don't know if there's something in the music, or his voice, but the completely freaked. It wasn't even loud, I had it really low on my laptop. Branflake stood pretty much frozen in the cage for like, 20 minutes and the rest of the girls pretty much hid, or darted about looking pretty terrified. I only played one song once! I got the boys out after and tried again, they were also pretty freaked out, but much less so.

I was just wondering if anyone's had this experience before? I'm not sure if it's just the music that freaked them or if I should be worried?
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Re: Music?

Post by SaraBloo on Thu May 17, 2012 8:33 am

Shirodoragan asked about her rat/music experience here.

http://irishratclub.forum-phpbb.co.uk/t450-music

Dunno if the thread will be helpful at all or if you've seen it.
SaraBloo
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum