Malcolm.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Malcolm.

Post by redrach on Sat May 26, 2012 8:43 am

Here to introduce my new TINY friend Malcolm.
His owner was re-homing him because her job situation changed and she was out of the country a few days a week no, so didn't think it fair. Saying that she didn't think it unfair to keep him on his own in a tiny cage, or to hand him to me in a running ball with a bag of nuggets.. But, to be really fair, she wasn't horrible or cruel, she was just pretty clueless.
She also said he is 4 months, which I don't believe at all. I think 3 months tops. He's very tiny and quite skinny. I also haven't got too much of a good look at him because the journey here was horrific (an hour in a roasting car in a ball... need I say more?) and I don't want to give him any more stress today, but, I think his tail looks a bit square too, so I reckon he's probably not been getting enough food, and obviously not good enough food.
His name was Malcolm already, and I think I'll just keep it as it pretty much suits him.
Here he is:

Isn't he gorgeous! Love I can't get over him!
Hooded topaz I think, anyone else think different?
Tonight he's eaten very little and seems pretty shy, although he did come and sniff my fingers. He even tried to nibble them a little and the nails (the gentle sort), so hopefully he's not going to be too skittish.
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Re: Malcolm.

Post by redrach on Sat May 26, 2012 9:41 am

Just thought I'd update since I got more info.
Girl said the person who sold him to her said he was 2 months when she got him, and she only had him 6 weeks. So I reckon the guy is full of ****. I assumed he came from a petshop, but the guy's obv a BYB, and a sucky one at that. She was supposed to get another boy with him but when she turned up he'd sold the other one on his own too. Idiot. Anyway, I'm going to estimate he's 10-12 weeks old, since I really don't think he looks 4 months, mine were all much bigger by 4 months.
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Re: Malcom

Post by lmc on Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 am

He's gorgeous! I Love his coat. Hope he settles in well Smile
lmc

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Sat May 26, 2012 11:41 am

Bless him Love Thank God her situation changed eh? Little guy's really landed on his feet with you. I love the name Malcolm (for reasons understood only by myself) Big Grin Love

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by siofradh on Sat May 26, 2012 2:05 pm

He's so handsome! my lot are nail nibblers too Laugh i hope he settles in ok. Bit silly of the woman to get him and rehome him so soon, but sometimes people just don't think of how much work pets are, but she made a good decision re-homing him. Smile Smile And what a lucky boy he is. Looking forward to seeing more pics of Malcolm!
siofradh
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Sat May 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Welcome little man Smile haven't you landed on your feet Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach on Sat May 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Haha thanks everyone. I've held him twice now. He freaks out being picked up, but he settles after a minute or two & seems to quite like my company Love
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Enjoy getting to know the little man,I'm sure you'll be the best of friends before too long Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm

12-14 weeks I'd say - and he's a silver fawn hooded Smile what a sweet little lad!

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by redrach on Sun May 27, 2012 1:42 am

Thanks Zoundz!
I began intros this morning, since he's not been around other rats in weeks and seems healthy. I put them in the bath and Rincewinde freaked out and kept jumping out. So I put them all in the little carrier. The big boys were pretty chilled out and sniffed him a bit then lay down and went to sleep but he stood on his back legs the whole time ready to box them. Going to try in the carrier again tonight. Had him out of the cage a few times today, trying to do so every few hours. He's stopped squealing when I pick him up now, and he's pretty chilled out sitting on shoulders. I forgot how silly little babies are Love
redrach
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK on Sun May 27, 2012 7:29 am

Gorgeous wee man
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down