Why do they sleep like this!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why do they sleep like this!?

Post by GillianK on Sun May 27, 2012 7:23 am

In the hot weather Blanche and Dorothy have taken to sleeping on one of their shelves. But every evening Dorothy sleeps on top of Blanche. It looks uncomfortable for both but they stay like this for hours! Is she being protective of Blanche or is this domineering behaviour? Excuse quality of photo, taken with my mobile

GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do they sleep like this!?

Post by Francois on Mon May 28, 2012 6:47 pm

The warm weather does tend to get ratties to find the cooler places to sleep, as I have observed with my boys and girls. I don't think there is anything odd behaviour wise, as I have seen ratties being comfortable asleep in what to us seem like uncomfortable positions Laugh They just like to be piled up. Perhaps that corner is the coolest they can find. Grin

Also, placing stone tiles can help them to provide a cool place, I also introduced them to ice cubes, which they love to lick and nibble and their antics in trying not to touch the cold wet cubes with their hands is quite funny.

The only way to find out if a rattie is truely being uncomfortable with a situation is using a bat detector (I recenly got one) and any vocalization on the 20-25kz band is a sure indicator that they are unhappy/frustrated with something.

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Mon May 28, 2012 9:36 pm

I think they just like to be cuddled up! If Blanche was unhappy, she'd move! Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois on Mon May 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Zoundz wrote:I think they just like to be cuddled up! If Blanche was unhappy, she'd move! Smile

xx

Yup, definitly Grin

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: