looking for a cage mate for Jack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

looking for a cage mate for Jack

Post by Francois on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Being aware that rats morn the loss of their cage mate I have been keeping an eye on Jack. Ted was gone from the cage for 4 days now (as we got him to spend a few days at the vet for close observation) but Jack doesn't even seem phased by it. We do give him extra cuddles and his appetite is great and comes out to play and free range with gusto.

Last night he was into his tricks as usual, being a litle pirate and try to steal food from our very mouths Grin

He does seem to seek a lot more attention from us.

Nevertheless we will be looking for a new cage mate.

We do not want to go to the pet shops and will have a look at the local dspca (who have some rats in various ages) to see if we can find him a buddy that is not too young or too old.

I think Ted would approved that we get a rescue rat to give it a home and a life of love that Ted would have enjoyed if he was still with us.

(I think Ted secretly would wish for us to pick a large dominant ratty that will make Jack his bitch Laugh )

Ted cannot be replaced, but some lucky rat will join our family and get to play in the castle, pools and do pea fishing, fall asleep in the rummage box and squibble with Jack over the tasty morsels or leisure in one of the hammocks Smile

If you do know a male rat (of good character and standing) , around 12 months old, that is looking for a new home, please let us know as we won't want to leave Jack on his own for too long, even he does seem fine at the moment.

Cheers

Francois

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Re: looking for a cage mate for Jack

Post by Zoundz on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:45 am

Best of luck <3

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:51 am

update:

Cage buddy for Jack found! Smile

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:39 am

Glad you found one Smile I hope Jack perks up soon.

Ex Rats: Reggie  Cinnamon Algy Russian Blue Theo Agouti Monty British Blue,On Loan from Bongo Fury: Forz Russian Blue and Switch Silver/Black Bertie Champagne and Maddi Chocolate, Septimus Cinnamon Mawie Silver/Black Ishmael Blazed/Badger/Roan, Isambard Silver/Black,
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by EssDubya on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:54 am

Hi, I'm just wondering where you found your new rat? I'm on the lookout for an older boy myself.... thanks Smile

EssDubya

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:27 am

EssDubya wrote:Hi, I'm just wondering where you found your new rat? I'm on the lookout for an older boy myself.... thanks Smile

We found 2 gorgeous boys at the DSPCA, they are just wonderful guys, so sweet and kind. Its worth to check them out. At the time we picked these young ones up, they also had their dad, which was a nice calm buck, very friendly.

Unfortunately our 2 new boys never got along with Jack, so we keep Jack solitary. Jack is suffering from pt now, which means he would need to be in a special care cage anyways.

I can definitely recommend the DSPCA to check, last time they had just wonderful rats there, it was really hard to decide which 2 would come home with us.

Stay away from the pet shops.. their irresponsibly breeding has caused us much grief already, even though we didn't love the rats any less for it... Cry

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum