keeping company...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

keeping company...

Post by Rattie_baus on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 am

it's only been a few days since my little Reid went to the bridge, but his brother is starting to feel the loneliness- he refused malt paste last night.. and thats not like him at all Sad
i'd been hoping to get two babies in spring(ish) but now with the passing of Reid, is that going to make Gideon be on his own for too long? the last thing i ever want to deal with again is a depressed rat; imo there is nothing worse to witness.
but then comes the dilemma of how to get him said company... p@h adoptions have a group of boys atm- 4 of- but tbh i think they may be telling tales on how they got them. there is a cage with two girls the same approx age in the cage next to the boys and they were all apparently abandoned at p@h which is why the 6 (who i'd say are maybe 3-4 months old?) are up for adoption. it is possible that they simply couldn't sell these guys as cute babies in time, or they are an inbred litter as a result of mis-sexing and this is how they are 'dealing with it'.
so i'm not sure if i want to take on some potentially very ill rats, but on top of that they are not willing to break the group into pairs so popping my Gid in with 4 rowdy brothers seems a little unfair to a degree...

what do you guys think? i'm willing to do whatever it takes to make my baby boy happy again, but i just don't know what the right thing to do actually is. Sad

eta- i am going to give gid time before making any final decisions... but with the p@h group they seem fairly sure they'll be there for a few months. Sad

Last edited by Rattie_baus on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
Rattie_baus

Back to top Go down

Re: keeping company...

Post by Zoundz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 am

Sad ((((hug)))) I wouldn't trust any P@H adoption scheme to be honest, I think it's very likely they were babies they couldn't sell.

Hope you find a solution - I personally would want to give him company, but I think more than a pair might completely knock the stuffing out of him.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum