Equine canine feline

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Equine canine feline

Post by Kabobby on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:46 am

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to get my first rats in the next few weeks. I am looking to get 3 girls to start with and see how I get on from there. I have seen a cage that I love on the ECF website in the uk and was wondering has anyone else bought from there and if so how did they get on with delivery charges and service etc? I have mailed them to enquire about del charge but heard nothing back. Im not sure whether to go with them or zooplus at this point.

I would love to get a SRS, critter nation or explorer if anyone knows of anybody looking to sell theirs?It seems to be hard to get these cages here without spending an absolute fortune!

The following is the cage I was thinking of getting from zooplus. The only drawback is I cant expand my rat family beyond 3 if I get this cage so it kind of limits me a bit.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rat_cage/334289

Is anyone familiar with this cage?

Thanks for reading Smile
Kabobby

Back to top Go down

Re: Equine canine feline

Post by Zoundz on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm

I don't know the Zeno - though it looks a nice cage, as you say though 3-4 would be max really. ECF used to be really good, not heard much about them, or seen them around forums in a good few years, but I imagine nothing has changed there! Smile

Welcome to the forum! Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdou on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:41 am

Kabobby,

Firstly welcome.. :-)

Secondly, not sure how much you can afford but Pet Mania (in Ireland) have Critter Nations, a double for €299 so I think you might get a single for €150 ish.....

An absolutely brilliant cage and well worth the money... (My thoughts anyway!).... I would think you would be far better stretching to a single critter nation than the cage on zooplus.....?

Abdou

Back to top Go down

Post by Kabobby on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks a mill for the advice on cages. I decided against the zooplus cage in the end and went with the mambles 100 from ECF. I got a great deal and it was the biggest cage I could afford for my budget. I also got 10% off so was delighted with that. I will see how I get on and if I have money to upgrade in a few months time I would absolutely love the critter nation! Here is a link to the cage im getting

http://www.littlepetwarehouse.co.uk/mamble-hamster-narrow-100cm-cage-p-12642.html

Let me know what you think Smile I got all the accessories and I also got some hammocks to hang and am going to put digging areas and cardboard boxes for them to explore. I am also getting ropes, a large sputnik and grass mat that I can hang too so there should be plenty to do for 3 girlies.

Only problem now is that I dont know where to get my rats as my only option that I know of here in Dublin is pet shops but I want to do the right thing too so Im in a spot of bother now with regards to that Sad
Kabobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggerdawg on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:10 am

I travelled down to Cork to get my boys. But I have heard that the DSPCA often have rats needing homes. Like you I would avoid the pet shops completely!

Diggerdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum