Rats in Pet World

Go down

Rats in Pet World

Post by NatashaK290 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:36 am

Earlier today I went to get bedding, food, toys and some other things for Tim and Scamp in Pet World. My dad and I were looking at the bunnies, hamsters etc. when I spotted a Silent Spinner in one of the sections, I don't know what to call where they're kept as it's not an aquarium, cage or tank. The walls are plexi-glass and some have a metal or wire-mesh door. There were only two rats kept together. I asked were they same-sex and the person thought they were female. Their bedding was pellets and I think straw.
I asked could I hold them and the person opened up the door and let me put my hand in. They were in the furthest corner. I reached in and stroked them. I went to lift the closest one, I put one hand around her back and sides with the other hand ready to support her back legs but she didn't relax for me to lift so I didn't lift her, not wanting to stress her out.

There was a poster of rat information on the back of one of the walls. I can't remember all or even exactly what it said but it went something like this:
I might try to escape so a wire cage isn't a good for me unless the wires are close together. A plastic rat tank or aquarium is a good choice. I love to play with you or can play on my own.

I'm going to be going back in later today. I didn't want to say anything to the manager then as I wanted to prepare what I was going to say rather than say a couple of things and then remember more things to say later.

Back to top Go down

Re: Rats in Pet World

Post by Zoundz on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:11 am

Definitely take some print outs if you can - something from www.ratz.com would be good - tanks certainly are not great housing for rats Sad

Laura Woods British Blue
Bongo Fury Rattery - Hobby rattery breeding for Russian varieties and Mink and Cinnamon with plans for Pearl based in the future. Based in West Cork. We are NFRS and IFRA members.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum