my litters varities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my litters varities

Post by Rattie_baus on Sun May 12, 2013 8:45 am

ello all. apologies i've not been around- been a bit hectic recently!!!
but i'm here to get some of your collectively awesome knowledge please!!
in my (flippingly bad timed duo of unplanned litters) i have some varieties that i just can't place- there doesn't seem to be any match on the NRFS website for some of my girls! for starters, i'm terrible at identifying colours at the best of times, but there isn't a guide for what look like hooded/ varigated Siamese!?

or am i being really daft?

do you think she'll roan out, or is she badger and gonna stay this colour?

this is wee runtie... name that colour? i think she's a self... buff? Embarrassed

i'm not gonna be able to pick two boys and two girls.. i actually can't do it! Cry Angry
i'm in love with the siameseXhooded/varigated girles, and am 99% sure i'm keeping the Excellently marked berkshire, but then there's berkys sister...

oh how i wish they were from good lines Sad

how can i not keep a face like that!

but yea, any input will be greatly appreciated!v Smile
Rattie_baus

Back to top Go down

Re: my litters varities

Post by Zoundz on Sun May 12, 2013 8:50 am

OK - well you have Siamese hooded, and probably siamese berkshire too? The ones with blazes are roan almost certainly, rather than Badger, and I reckon they'll fade right out. Looks like there may be a Russian Blue in there too? But to be honest, it's very hard to tell from photos, I'd like to see them myself to be sure of varieties Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattie_baus on Sun May 12, 2013 8:55 am

so i'm not going mad then!? i'd figured roan n not badger what with both prentis and the late Reid (uncles) being roan, but no harm in hoping!
see she does look russian blue when i compare to the pics online... but i haven't the foggiest and since none are from reputable breeders...
sure have a day trip to belfast and come round for tea! Big Grin

(edit): when would roaning start? just to try n be sure what i'm homing to people? altohugh i suppose it's better to home as roan and be wrong than the other way around like P@H do Evil !
Rattie_baus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 am

I wish - if there's one thing himself is more against than getting rats we don't need, it's traveling the length and breadth of the country to look at rats we're not getting because we don't need! Roll Eyes Laugh

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattie_baus on Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 am

Zoundz wrote:I wish - if there's one thing himself is more against than getting rats we don't need, it's traveling the length and breadth of the country to look at rats we're not getting because we don't need! Roll Eyes Laugh

xx

tehe; he sound's like my mum (no offense to the man himself! lol) but we have good shopping up 'ere apparently! Tongue

at a Guess, what on earth do i call the colour of the hooded siamese?! i haven't the foggiest- only ever had dark or roan rats!
Rattie_baus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sun May 12, 2013 10:00 am

Siamese hooded is Siamese hooded Wink it doesn't have another name.

It doesn't really matter what you sell them as because they're pet only anyway, and people know not to expect litters of this nature to come with a family tree and a list of varieties Wink I wuold say what you think they are, but that in any case it really doesn't matter Smile

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattie_baus on Sun May 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Zoundz wrote:Siamese hooded is Siamese hooded Wink it doesn't have another name.

xx

that would explain why i can't find the other name then Embarrassed it's colour-point i'm thinking of!

i would like to be able to tell ppl my best guess though, even though it doesn't overly matter... but one of the reason's gideon and reids' owner got bored of them was because reid started off looking like a badger then went 'plain'. it was about the time of roaning that they ended up in the shed Sad

i'm not saying i'd let that happen to my babies, but all that Could be roan will be homed as such- and IF they stay coloured whooop! if not- told them so... Smile
Rattie_baus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sun May 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Well - in very rare cases roan can stay completely full coloured... Smile just to complicate things!

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattie_baus on Mon May 13, 2013 1:16 am

Zoundz wrote:Well - in very rare cases roan can stay completely full coloured... Smile just to complicate things!

xx
Shocked Confused Meh

and i thought dogs colour genetics etc was difficult enough!!
Rattie_baus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jem on Tue May 21, 2013 4:40 pm

I think there is a russian or 2 there Smile
I'd tell prospective owners that the roans might end up pale grey or white by a year old, and see what their reaction is. Will weed out the ones who only care about the markings, anyway Wink

Jem
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum