One rat being bullied

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One rat being bullied

Post by Dangerousbeans on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:05 am

I don't think this is serious, but don't want things to get any worse.
Luna is our oldest rat, around 14 months, we had her alone for 3weeks then got Matilda, they seemed to get along well together, then in December we got Lily and Susan. After the initial intros they seemed all fine together, the odd scuffle but no injuries.
In the last 2 months or so we have noticed Luna spending time alone, and found some minor wounds (bites and scratches) on her. She's the quietest and more shy than the others, and while its not serious injuries, and they seem fine most of the time, my daughter is getting worried about her.
They all come out together at when we enter the room, all take food from your hand and climb on you, don't seem to fight over food etc, its just the injuries are becoming more frequent.
Anyone any ideas to help the situation?
Maybe more toys and new stuff to explore?
It's a very large cage, so we could add more stuff.

Dangerousbeans

Back to top Go down

Re: One rat being bullied

Post by Zoundz on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:23 am

I don't think adding more stuff will help (though it could), I suspect that the younger ones are just going for dominance, as they're about the right age for that now, and things will probably settle one way or another soon enough. Keep an eye on her though, if she's very unhappy, you may have to do more.

Hope she's OK - all the best.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dangerousbeans on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:09 am

Thanks, will keep an eye on her, she's still bright and nosy, just noticed there's always a scratch or two lately and today realised there are about 8 scabs and scratches.
None are deep, pretty minor, she was a bit noisy when we were looking, chattering and almost squealing at times.
But they are all asleep in a Sputnik together right now, like nothing happened.

Dangerousbeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum