Happy 2nd birthday to my girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy 2nd birthday to my girls

Post by GillianK on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 am

Today my four girls are 2 years old, and as my Blanche passed away only days short of her 2nd birthday, these are my first rats to reach 2 years. They are all doing very well.

I've had Dorothy since she was 7 months old, and although she can be handled she prefers not to be.

I've had Elsie, Betty and Bessie since they were 14 months old, Elsie has the same personality as Dorothy and they are thick as thieves. But Bessie and Betty are real heart rats who love nothing better than to be kissed and cuddled and hitching a ride on my shoulder. Betty is the biggest character and she reminds me of Blanche.

I'm particularly pleased that Betty is still with me today and going strong, as in January she took a bad ear infection which left her with a permanent head tilt and she was subsequently bullied badly by 2 of her 3 sisters and they left her with multiple bite marks. I tried to intevene by taking her out of the cage with Bessie (her bestie) as much as I could but felt it was best to keep the 4 girls together, and it worked out well as she soon learned to stand up for herself better. Additionally in March a massive lump formed on her foot which the vet told us was cancer and that she may not have long to live. However now it is June she is still fine. The lump is still on her foot but hasn't gotten any bigger in the 3 months since it came, it doesn't seem to cause her any discomfort; a bit like the head tilt, she has learned to adjust to it very well, and is happy and content.

Here's a pic of the 4 of them. From left to right, Bessie, Elsie, Dorothy and Betty. Happy 2nd birthday girls! Smile

http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/17/17/14/81/my4rat10.jpg

http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/17/17/14/81/my4rat10.jpg" alt="" />
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 2nd birthday to my girls

Post by DJF on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 am

Lovely girls!

Gone Fishing: Maud, Constance, Peig, Hillary

"As the Amazing Maurice said, it was just a story about people and rats. And the difficult part of it was deciding who the people were, and who were the rats."
DJF
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 am

Oh Happy Birthday lovely girls Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:36 am

Wonderful! :DThey look absolutely gorgeous <3 so glad to hear they're doing well too!

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: