Three Chins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Three Chins

Post by shadowofsunshine on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:20 am

Hi Folks,

It's a long time since I've visited the forum (or even the fancy new one!). I need some help.

I have three chins - two neutered males and one unneutered female - and I need to rehome them. A couple of months ago my circumstances changed and I have had to move home. There is absolutely no room for the chins in the house so they are temporarily stored in a shed outside. This is fine for the end of the summer... the weather was warm and it was dry but the shed is uninsulated and it leaks really badly... there is no damp course so both the roof and the ground leak. I need to get them out ASAP.

To top it all off the cage was damaged in the move and will need to be replaced... obviously right now I don't have any cash (let alone spare cash). I did (luckily) keep the cage they came to me in. It's far too small but if necessary...

I rescued them from being PTS years ago. Initially just two... some months later the third arrived. The father was neutered straight away (before the kit was even born) and later when the vet checked and found I had a second male I had him neutered. The three of them have lived together for donkey's years. I would hate to split them up as the father is an elderly little guy, blind in one eye, who likes to quietly chill at the very top of the cage. He's also the sweetest of the three. The (once) kit is the friendliest and most inquisitive... he wants to groom you, see what you're doing... have a little nose around. The mother is a bit of a battle axe. She's not vicious or anything like that! She doesn't like being touched or rubbed... but she'll happily jump all over you. If you try to rub her belly she'll let you for a couple of seconds before slapping your finger away with both paws. I think she's lovely, it's her personality and I just imagine her as a middle aged battle axe who won't put up with anyones nonsense!

They are all perfectly healthy and were seen by my vet.

I have tried so hard to find good homes for them but time is running out. I've tried chin rescues (north and south) and my calls/emails/fb messages are ignored. I've tried petting farms. I've approached individuals that I know could provide them with a good home. I've tried all the animal welfare places near to me (even NEAS) and only one place got back to me and their only help was to 'stick up a picture on our FB'.

I don't want to place any 'free to a good home' ads because we all know what those good homes can turn out to be. I'm also hesitant because chins can be seen as 'quick' money... and as the female isn't neutered...

I'm now at the end of my search. I would happily drive to just about anywhere in the country if it meant giving them a good home for life.

shadowofsunshine

Back to top Go down

Re: Three Chins

Post by smokierat on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:11 am

Hey,where are you based?Have you tried contacting Kayleighs Exotic Animal Sanctuary?Dont know if she takes Chins but she might be able to help..

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowofsunshine on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:09 am

smokierat wrote:Hey,where are you based?Have you tried contacting Kayleighs Exotic Animal Sanctuary?Dont know if she takes Chins but she might be able to help..
I'm in Wicklow... like I said, I'd drive anywhere if I knew they were getting a good home or at least going somewhere that they'll be taken care of on their way to a new home.

I'd never heard of the rescue, just googled it and I'll drop her a line now - they look amazing so fingers crossed... at this stage if somebody actually acknowledges me it's a positive because I can scratch them off the list and move on!

Right... Kayleigh... hope you're looking for some fluff in your life!

shadowofsunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:32 am

I don't know that Kayleigh can help, but she may be able to.

I wish we could, we do have chin experience, but I think I know the answer if I speak to my husband...

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: