Diets for Winter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Diets for Winter

Post by hkfiesta on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey there!

Is there anyone out there who adds extra little tidbits during winter to help rats generate a little more body heat/stay warm? Mine are now over 2yrs old so I'm a little concerned they might not make it through the winter as well as before. Feeding little bites of meat from my own dinner (after rinsing off all sauces, etc) gets them acting more aggressive towards me and each other so I'm kind of sticking to a more veggie-based diet instead. Are there any other things I can add, maybe some other sources of protein that isn't too fatty?

Thanks!

hkfiesta

Back to top Go down

Re: Diets for Winter

Post by smokierat on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:17 am

Oily fish,pasta,low sugar cereals,babyfood(i love Ellas).

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:28 pm

I wouldn't worry about rinsing sauce off your own food by the way Smile most of them are fine (obv. not if they're really really hot or really really fatty or sugary - but even fatty and sugary is OK as a once off).

We add dried pasta and extra cereal to our mixes in the winter, if they're not keeping the weight well, but to be honest, that's not usual.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by hkfiesta on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:54 am

Smile They already get muesli for treats (high fiber no-sugar grains). I've been giving them a little more when it's a lot colder. Was just wondering if I should try something else, thanks for all the responses Grin

hkfiesta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum