Goodnight Bessie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goodnight Bessie

Post by GillianK on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:19 am

Rest easy wee Bessie. Had to have her put to sleep this afternoon after a long illness. A chronic respiratory infection which was slowly killing her and despite daily antibiotics for a month she was not responding to treatment, and as she began falling over today with weakness, I couldn't let her suffer any longer. She had a long life for a rat at 29 months old, but I'll miss you little girl. Lots of tears for this little one. xxx

GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Re: Goodnight Bessie

Post by smokierat on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:42 am

Sorry for your loss Cry Sounds like you did right by her,they deserve that x She looks like a sweetheart Love Sleep tight lovely girl xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:05 pm

So sorry Gillian - I was heartbroken for you when I saw on Facebook - she looked like such a lovely girl.

xx

Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:09 am

Thank you. I could do nothing but cry all day yesterday, I was so upset to lose her, especially as my remaining 2 rats are little rascals. Elsie is skittish and makes a run for it if I try to pick her up, and Dorothy continues to bite me if I try to touch her. But Bessie, like the other rats I've had which have passed before her was my sweetheart, always out of the cage hitching a ride on my shoulder, and snuggling beside me on the sofa. I'm really gonna miss her, but I knew yesterday morning that all hope was gone and that she was needlessly suffering. Sad I buried her this morning. x
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum